This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 2.5 Australia License.
I recently purchased a Sony Tablet S 16GB WiFi model (SGPT111) and a 16GB SDHC card to increase the storage capacity. However, when you insert the SD card, the “File Transfer” application opens to allow you to transfer files on to your Tablet from your SD card.
On Android version 3.2.1, the applications pre-installed by Sony on the Tablet S only search the internal “USB storage” which is mapped to /mnt/sdcard/. You can access your SD card from the path /mnt/sdcard2/ and the following instructions will help make it appear to enable easy access to your files:
- Download and install ES File Explorer from Google Play;
- Open the application and go to Menu > Settings;
- Under “Path settings” enable the checkbox “Up to Root”;
- Go back to the local file listing and press the “Up” button on the toolbar;
- You should now see the folders “sdcard” and “sdcard2” – the second one contains your SD files;
- To set this as a favourite, long-press on the “sdcard2” folder and select “Bookmark”.